Smoky Bacon Spinach Fritters
- 8 Slices GODSHALL'S Turkey Bacon (diced fine and browned) or 1 Cup Smoky CRUMBLZ
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach (Thawed and Drained)
- 1/2 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Oil (For Frying)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the spinach and onion. Then add milk and eggs. Mix well.
- Combined both bowls and mix well until evenly combined.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of mixture per bunuelo. (Fry for approx. 4 minutes) Remove bunuelos with a slotted spoon and so that oil can drain.
- Set on a paper towel lined cooling rack or pan. Repeat with remaining mixture.