Infused with fragrant flavor
- 8 Slices GODSHALL’S Turkey Bacon, diced fine
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Dry Package of Sugar Free Instant Pudding
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Skim Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Dark Rum
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Free Café Syrup Vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon Rum Flavoring
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Butter Flavor Non-Stick Spray
- 1/4 Almond Flour to Sprinkle on Sprayed, Floured Pan
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar Free Vanilla Café Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Dark Rum
- 2 Cups Buttercream Frosting
- 1/4 Cup Browned Bacon Bits and/or Coconut to Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. choose 1 large bundt, 2 medium bundt or 1 bundt and 6 popover pans and spray, lightly flour and sprinkle with almond flour.
- Lightly brown 8 diced slices of Godshall’s turkey bacon, separate about ¼ of the diced bacon (about two heaping tablepoons) and keep the pan drippings and scrapings in the pan to later make the soaking syrup
- Blend flour, sugar, butter, pudding mix, baking powder, salt, oil, milk and eggs on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stop to spachula dry clumps from sides and bottom.
- Add bacon, coconut, rum, rum extract or flavoring, and vanilla syrup and flavor to the batter beat one more minute. Pour cake batter into pans.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes. Testing may require a skewer and not a toothpick to determine if a large bundt is thoroughly cooked. Smaller bundts and popover tins will be cooked when the top is golden.
- Allow cake to cool while you make the soaking mix.
- In the pan in which you cooked the bacon, combine the butter, rum, vanilla syrup and water; bring to a low boil; then bring down to low and cook three more minutes. Syrup should thicken a little.
- Ladle syrup over cake, waiting for each ladle to soak in before adding the next. If cooling cake has pulled away from pan edges a crack, pour syrup down sides of pan. Use all of the syrup.
- When all liquid has been absorbed, cover to retain moisture and put in refrigerator overnight. When ready to serve, place serving plate over pan top and flip quickly to plate the cake. If using popover single pans, pour less at each soaking and do not allow syrup to overflow.
- Garnish with dollop of buttercream or coconut frosting and scatter with remaining bacon bits