Kickoff to Recipe Week Fall 2017
- 1/2 Cup CRUMBLZ (Candied)
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Sage ( Fresh, Stems Removed)
- 15 oz Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Purée
- 1/4 Cup Tahini Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle Powder (Ground)
- 2 Tablespoon Pine Nuts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Salt (For Taste)
- Pine Nuts, Olive oil and chopped sage for garnish (optional)
- Candied Bacon
- Melt one tablespoon of butter, then add the bacon CRUMBLZ.
- Add one heaping teaspoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Stir until bacon glistens. Remove to cool. Break up the clumps.
- Soften cranberries in water to soften. Drain and place in a food processor.
- Place candied bacon, sage, chickpeas, garlic, pumpkin, tahini, ground chipotle powder, pine nuts, olive oil and maple syrup in a food processor or blender. Pulsate until smooth. Mix in salt to taste.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with pine nuts and chopped sage and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve with french baguette slices or crackers and ENJOY!