Farm Fresh Comfort Food
- 6 Slices GODSHALL'S Turkey Bacon (Diced, Lightly Browned)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cups Onions (Chopped Fine)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 4 Cups Fresh Corn Kernels
- 2/3 Cups Milk
- 1 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Fontina Cheese
- 3/4 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 3 Tablespoon Chives (Chopped Fresh)
- 3 Eggs
- Paprika (for Garnish)
- Dice the GODSHALL'S Turkey Bacon and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using non-stick spray or 1/2 tablespoon of butter on the pie plate.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Then add onions and cook (approx. 4 minutes). Turn down heat then add garlic and cook (approx. 2 to 3 minutes).
- Combine onion/garlic mixture in a mixing bowl with corn, milk, 1 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup panko, salt, pepper and chives. Mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well. Pour mixture into the pie pan.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter and combine with 1/4 cup panko, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 tablespoon chives, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the pie filling.
- Bake (approx. 35 minutes) until puffed and beginning to brown.
- Garnish with a dash of paprika and more chives.