Summer Sweet and Salty
- 8 Slices of GODSHALL'S Real Wood Smoked Turkey or Chicken Bacon
- 1 1/2 Cups Pecan Halves
- 3 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 3 Heaping Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Large Head Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Granny Smith Tart Apples Cored and Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola Crumbles
- Cut bacon into slivers 1/2 inch wide and place in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove when just beginning to brown. Reduce skillet to medium heat
- Without removing brown bits from skillet, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, chili and cinnamon, stir.
- When bubbles appear, immediately stir in pecans and bacon pieces. Stir to ensure sugar/butter/spice mixture covers all sides of all bacon and pecans. Remove and place, spread out, on parchment paper to cool and drain.
- Layer washed Romaine leaves in serving bowl or bowls, top with apple slices, bacon, pecans and cheese crumbles.
- If you need any dressing at all, a light vinaigrette can be used sparingly.