Flaky and Healthy Comfort Food
- 1/4 Cup GODSHALL’S Smoky CRUMBLZ
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Red Onions (Chopped Fine)
- 1/2 Butternut Squash (Peeled Cut into 3/4 Pieces)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme (Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Bunch Kale Leaves (Ribs and Steams Removed, Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Large Eggs (Beaten)
- 3 oz. Parmesan (Grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest (Finely Grated)
- Pepper (Freshly Ground)
- 8 oz. Frozen Phyllo Pastry (Thawed)
- 4 oz. Fresh Goat Cheese or Feta (Crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat in an oven skillet.
- Add onions and cook for approx. 6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add squash and cook for approx. 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Then mix in thyme and red pepper flakes. Transfer to a mix bowl and let cool.
- Add kale, eggs, parmesan and lemon zest to the mix bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line the clean skillet with phyllo sheets.
- Spoon the mix into the phyllo lines skillet and add goat cheese and CRUMBLZ.
- Brush the phyllo edges with oil and fold over, leaving the center exposed.
- Heat over medium heat until bottom of pastry is golden brown. (Approx. 3 Minutes.)
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes.
- Let bacon veggie pie cool and slice into wedges.
- Serve hot and ENJOY!