Kickoff to Recipe Week Fall 2017
- 1/2 Cup GODSHALL'S Smoky CRUMBLZ or 6 Slices GODSHALL'S Turkey Bacon (Lightly Browned and Diced)
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 14 oz Coconut Milk (3/4 in Recipe, Reserve 1/4 to Garnish)
- 1 Cup Stock
- 2 Onions (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Inch Ginger (Fresh)
- 1 Red Chili (Deseeded, Chopped Fine)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Cilantro or Parsley (Garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon or ice cream scoop.
- Coat a baking tray with olive oil. Place both halves of the butternut squash on a tray and bake for approx. 40 mins. Until soft and slightly browned.
- While the squash is roasting, put the chopped onions into a pan on medium heat with the coconut oil. Cook for approx. 5 minutes until softened.
- Add finely chopped ginger, chili pepper, garlic and bacon. Stir for approx. 4-5 minutes.
- Once the butternut squash is done, allow it cool and remove all the flesh with a spoon.
- Put into a blender with the all the rest of the ingredients and blend till smooth. Add extra stock or water if you find it too thick. Add a pinch of corn starch if its too thin.
- Serve warm. Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley more bacon and coconut milk.